Our client is a family owned and operated Civil Contractor who specialises in various roading, drainage and civil construction projects throughout the greater Otago region.
Your new role
The Site Supervisor is responsible for working alongside the Engineers and Project Managers to deliver the project according to the plans and programme time-frame.
You will be responsible for:
• Health and Safety, as well as Quality Assurance on site
• Managing the team and able to deal with employees on all levels
• Machinery management. May need to operate machines when required
• Ensure the sites are clean and tidy
• Assisting with training of new staff
• Relevant civil experience and proven work history
• Experience managing labour teams and within a leading hand/foreman position
• Ideally, Full NZ License, Classes 1,2,3,4,5 F,R,T,W
• Strong communication skills and the ability to read plans
• Sound knowledge of health and safety
• Happy to get on the tools when required
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.